Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

It's not my favorite holiday, but I do enjoy seeing all the little ones in their costumes. We had a school-wide parade yesterday morning and a class party in the afternoon. One of my girls came as the grape from the Fruit of the Loom gang. She had a bunch of purple balloons pinned to her. So cute! And another little girl had a darling handmade costume from the Mad Hatter tea party scene in Alice in Wonderland. Her mom works at Disneyland, so I wasn't surprised to see her in a Disney-themed costume. Then there were the boys in their creepy costumes from those horror movies. Why do parents let little boys dress up like that? Two of my favorite costumes my boys were wearing were Harry Potter and an army man. My room mom this year really puts together a great party. She had all kinds of healthy treats for them, a creepy punch bowl, lots of games and prizes, and a pumpkin carving contest. The kids had a lot of fun.

Today we are going to the first birthday party of some one-year-old triplets. They are Michael's cousin's children. She married into a wealthy family of Chinese descent, and the story goes that the grandfather told his children the first of them to have a male child would receive one million bucks. Well, they had one son and two daughters, and now they are one million dollars richer. I guess they will need that money to put the triplets through college. Anyway, there will be lots of little ones there and they will be wearing their costumes. It will be a fun way to spend Halloween.

I wish we had our own little one to take with us to the party. I guess we could dress up Buffy, but she's not invited. The baby blues are hard to shake these days. We know we've got those two embryos waiting for us, we just don't know when we should transfer them. Michael and I have been talking about it a lot lately, and we do agree that we need to wait to see what the next CT scan will reveal about the effectiveness of the present treatment. If the news is good, we can start thinking about when to do the transfer. Please join me in praying for stable health for Michael and good timing for our embryo transfer.

Enjoy the day with your children and grandchildren!

11 comments:

~Kristen said...

Have a Great weekend!

You always have my prayers, and I hope that good things will be coming to you soon... those embryo's are just waiting for the right moment.

Sara said...

You've been on my mind a lot lately...and I check in with your blog a lot even though I haven't always had time to comment.

Just wanted to say that there is never a "perfect" time to become a parent...any time is both imperfect and totally perfect at the same time. I know that you are by no means looking for perfection and would just settle for stability, but I want you to know that if you decide to do the transfer, no matter what Michael's progress is, you can count me as one more person who supports your decision :)

Lots of love,
Sara

Michelle said...

I find the baby blues sneaking up on me at Halloween time too. I think because it's such a "kid centered" holiday.

Joe and I are blowing off Halloween this year and going to the movies. I'm going to leave a bowl of candy out on the front porch with a little sign that says "Take one" even though I know the first kid will probably dump the whole bowl into his bag and that will be that :)

I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I am praying for good news from the scan for Michael!!!! And JOY for you both as you move forward with your hopes and dreams!!!! You are daily in my prayers!!! ~Janine XO

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Parents let their kids dress up like that because
they can't say no! It makes it harder for parents like me
who don'allow it...Sorry you're having a hard time...
I used to hate kids holidays when I was going
through IF...

Anonymous said...

Hugs. Here's to a little pumpkin in your future.

MomMom said...

Hope and pray you'll soon get to spend Halloween with your own little trick or treater!!

AprilMay said...

I am joining you in prayer!! And I am a bit appalled at that Grandfather! Way to make your granddaughters feel special dude.
Halloween gave me the "little girl" blues...all those cute costumes! :( Boy costumes just don't measure up!

Jackie said...

My heartfelt prayers for Michael's scan results..
Much love,
Jackie

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just stopping by to send my love and say "hello!" Praying!!! ~Janine XO

Calico Sky said...

Joannah I was praying for you both last night. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know that once your child(ren) arrive, you will both just be the most amazing parents. I read something once that said something like, the greater the pain and longer the wait, the more amazing the blessing that does eventually arrive.

hugs