Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Need a Date!

Well, this morning we thought we had a possible date for Michael's surgery - July 21st. But by this afternoon, that date had been ruled out and now we are back to waiting on the "powers that be". I just want to know when this is going to happen so that we can prepare for it.

Today was the day we were going to leave for our road trip. I am sad that we won't be taking a trip this summer (Atlantic City doesn't really count!). I know that there are more important things right now, but I long to get away from familiar surroundings and explore someplace new. It doesn't help that my family (my parents, and my sister's family) leave on Saturday for more than two weeks in Hawaii. They are staying in the same community we stayed in last summer. I wish we were going with them, but things are too unpredictable for us to leave home right now. Not only that, but Michael tires so easily that he'd be wiped out from traveling. So, we're stuck here. That's okay. There are worse things than not being able to take a vacation now and then.

We also found out today that my precious grandmother (a faithful reader of this blog) has lung cancer. Please pray for her healing. She has been a wonderful prayer warrior on our behalf since Michael's diagnosis, and a great source of encouragement. I love her so much! I'm so sorry that she has to deal with this. Cancer stinks (this is a G-rated blog, but you catch my drift).

So, things are not as good as they could be. I am disappointed, but I am not downhearted. God is good and he is actively working here for our benefit. Recently, my sister suggested that I "write everything down" so that I can look back and see how God answered our prayers. That's exactly what this blog is for. And should I ever lose heart, you, dear reader, have my permission to help me look back and see where prayers were answered!


5 comments:

Kim said...

BIG HUGS..
I will be praying for you and your family..
Hugs..

Sandra said...

Awww, noooo, not more of the dreaded C word! Big (((HUGS))) and prayers to your grandmother.

Jill said...

I'll add your sweet Grandmother to my prayer list. Both of my Grandparents (my Mom's parents) are fighting cancer...it seems to be affecting so many that we love.

I thought about deleting my IVF blog, but I still enjoy going back and reading/remembering just how far God has brought us.

You always have such a sweet spirit, Joannah. Praying they set a date for Michael's surgery very soon.

((hugs))

Tamara said...

Joannah, please know that I am praying for you and Michael and now for your Grandmother.
Hugz,
Tamara

dawn said...

Temper tantrums are not pretty but Darn it...this just isn't fair!

But, you have a date now so you can march forward on that front. Small steps forward beat any size steps in the other direction.
Sending hugs to both of you.