Monday, February 23, 2009

Day Six

We entered the RE's office at the bright and early time of 6:30 this morning. First order of business was my ultrasound. There is one measurable follicle in both of my ovaries, and several other ones too small to measure. The doctor seemed pleased, but we are now incorporating Menopur and Ganirelix to make sure that ovulation doesn't occur too soon. So, there will be two shots tonight as the Menopur gets mixed with the Follistim I'm already taking.

After the ultrasound, the nurse drew some blood from me, and then she showed Michael how to do the new shot routine. I'm sure he'll get it right, but they did give us written directions in case we forget our early morning lesson. Then we gave the office manager two gigantic checks (ugh!) and we were on our way.

We will return to the doctor's on Wednesday morning for another ultrasound. Hopefully by then we'll begin to have an idea of when the doctor thinks we'll do the egg retrieval. I'm thinking next Monday or Tuesday, but what do I know?

So far, I'm feeling pretty good. I did feel sort of bloated today, but my ovaries aren't screaming just yet. I am eating a lot of protein. I've read that is beneficial for limiting bloat during the IVF process. I'm enjoying a diet of eggs for breakfast and delicious meats for dinner. Tonight we're having steak - a real treat around here because Michael doesn't really eat it. But I wanted it, and he will partake so long as we get an organic cut from Whole Foods - which we did. I can smell it grilling now! Dinner is almost ready.

3 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Wow, I had wondered what was happening and I really really hope that 2009 is your year! Best wishes for this week and good results! Enjoy that steak!!

http://poppyandpeony.wordpress.com

Jill said...

Sounds like you're moving right along in the process!

Steak sounds yummy!

Keep me updated. :)

((HUGS))

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sounds like a perfect routine to me. I'm so pulling for you two!!