Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day Eight

Things are looking really good! We had seven measurable follicles this morning. Seven! And there are still several follicles too small to measure, but we're hopeful that some of them will catch up with the others in the next few days. When the doctor called this afternoon, he was very happy with my estrogen level, too.

We will go back in on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for more ultrasounds and blood draws. Dr. D. thinks we'll do the egg retrieval on Monday or Tuesday next week.

I'm still feeling good - no pain in my ovaries yet. Yesterday I did feel bloated and had an upset stomach, but today I feel fine.

Tomorrow, in an attempt to stay relaxed leading up to ER, I'm going to go to my favorite day spa after school for a "Pure Indulgence" facial. How does this sound? Imagine a facial treatment that begins with a relaxing warm stone massage to the back, neck, and shoulders. The heat from the stones penetrates deep into the muscles and the relaxation begins. Then enjoy your signature facial followed by a Warm Stone Foot & Leg Massage. Pure indulgence means pure relaxation, fabulous skin care and a fantastic experience you'll never forget.

I can hardly wait!

9 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

I am so excited for you!

Lea
xo

AprilMay said...

Yay! That is wonderful! And I think you are so smart for indulging yourself now, while you can! ;)

Kayce said...

Have a wonderful spa experience tomorrow!! Sounds divine!

K said...

This is all so exciting! I wish you the very best. Perhaps there will be twins in your near future... I'll be cracking up because you'll be a mom long before me if the current wait gets longer. Moms are travelling right now to China to pick up their daughters who reached the 36 months mark this month.

Jill said...

7 follicles is awesome! What were your E2 levels? I'm concerned about mine. I'm hoping that they have risen (considerably) by tomorrow morning. I tend to stim slow...I was hoping these new meds would be different. We shall see.

Your spa experience sounds awesome! My massage therapist did warm stones on my stomach, Tuesday. I'm wondering when I should stop the stomach massage for this cycle. Before or after egg retrieval...any ideas?

I'm just full of questions, this evening. :)

Can't wait to hear about your next appointment and your spa day!

((HUGS))

Kate said...

I am keeping a quiet, hopeful prayerful vigil here in PA. Keep steady....keep positive. Wishing you the very best...

Kate

Anne Marie said...

That is *great* news! I am very excited for you, and hope you remain comfortable over the next few days!

A said...

i'm happy your follies are looking good! I hope you enjoyed the facial - i felt relaxed just reading about it :)

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

I must be crazy, I keep clicking on this post thinking it's new, I must have read it 6 times...cant wait for news!