Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cycle Day Three


We're taking a break from any ARTs this month, but I did call the RE's today to ask them what's next for us. The nurse suggested a consultation with our doctor, and she said she wouldn't be surprised if he recommended we move on to IVF.

We're emotionally ready to do so, I'm just trying to figure out the finances. With our home, like everyone else's, depreciating in equity, I guess we'll have to look into other loan options because I don't want to use anymore of our equity. It seems that C@pital One has a loan program for fertility treatments. So, that may be the route we go. For those of you who have BTDT, f you have any other suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.

It doesn't help that Michael is losing his Disneyland gig at the end of next week. I think Disneyland is anticipating the next two or three months to be slow, and they're adjusting their personnel schedules accordingly. They've assured him that they are not changing his status and that he's still on the sub list. I believe he'll get his days back come spring, but we'll miss that steady income in the meantime.

Anyway, we'll be meeting with our doctor on Wednesday, which is also the day Michael has his prostate biopsy. We don't expect to have any results from the biopsy until several days after the procedure. If you're the praying kind, please pray for cancer-free results.

As we enter 2009, I just feel like there are so many things that could go wrong. But I'm holding fast to my faith. In fact, the last week I spent some time after our negative beta test praying about what direction we should go in next. Is it time to lay it down, give it up, do IVF, look into adoption, what? The sense I got was that we should "press on" - that was very clear in my mind. But, I didn't know if that was my own heart telling me what I wanted to hear, or something (or someone) greater. So, my next prayer was that if that wasn't me, that the Lord affirm that direction.

Sometime later, I'm looking for a new wallpaper for my desktop on the internet (the picture above). I find one of mountains covered in snow, and it has a Bible verse. I glance at the verse, choose the wallpaper, and don't give it another thought.

The next morning I'm looking more closely at the verse and part of it just pops out at me:

Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge Him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.
Hosea 6:3

I was certain at that moment that we are to move forward with the option(s) given to us - that it isn't time to give up, yet. I was really encouraged and strengthened. So, if Dr. D. recommends we begin to prepare for IVF, I am up for that. I don't know how we'll afford it, but I do believe that if this is what the Lord wants for us, he'll provide the resources for us to do so. 

Sigh...

It's going to be a very interesting week coming up!

10 comments:

Jill said...

Doesn't the Lord speak to us in some of the neatest ways!? :)

I'm praying for Michael's test to come back cancer-free. I'm also praying for you guys in whatever the next step is, in your journey towards being parents. The Lord has provided over and over for our IVF treatments. He'll do the same for you...I really believe that.

((HUGS))

~Kristen said...

Thanks for your comment Joannah... Your right, we are planners... it's hard to not have control. I'm praying with you for the right decisions, and amazing outcomes. Your always in my thoughts and prayers...

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

The bank you mentioned does a lot of loans for a lot of things. I would really read the paperwork before signing with them.

Look into a signature loan through your bank.

When we need cash we call Ci ti Bank
We have had a cc through them for years. We ask them for the lowest possible interest rate on a cash advance. They will usually give us between 3 and 4 % ( we use this option instead of car loans, you can`t get a car loan for that)

The clincher is you really tie up the cc doing that. If you make a purchase they apply any pmt you make towards the lower rate first. That means the new purchases sit on there forever. In other words it is best to take out the cash advance and never use that CC again. (until it is paid in full)

I agree that it is NOT the time to use any of your homes equity.

Some IRAs allow you to borrow against your IRA.

Good luck with everything !

Anonymous said...

You know I will be praying for Michael and hope that whatever path you choose when it comes to becoming a parent that it will be the right descision for your family. - Stephanie

OH MY #6 said...

xo my friend!

Lea

Geneva said...

Hey again Joannah. Thanks for your comment back to me. Our internet connection has been in and out, so I have not been able to check your blog until now. I would love to be able to e-mail you, and we do have an online journal, but it is password protected, but I would love to share it with you. I looked for an e-mail on your blog, but didn't see one. I am a little hesitant to leave my e-mail on here. Anyway, we went through 3 IUI's, none worked. We were then told the next step was to proceed with IVF, but we chose to wait a while, finances, etc. We/I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility,never found out the reason why we could not conceive, though I have my suspicions that I look two of them in the eyes everyday!!! (matthew & marli) From what I have read you have a great deal of faith and strength, lean on that and you will know what He is guiding you to do. I would love to discuss the Philippines program with you more, as I have to wonder if some of their restrictions would still apply with your husband being part Filipino. Look forward to "talking" to you more.

Joannah said...

Geneva, I didn't realize that my email wasn't displayed. I have fixed that now. You can find my email in my profile. I look forward to hearing from you.

:-)

C's Mom said...

Thinking of you and wishing you all things wonderful in 2009!

K said...

I'll be praying for you both, that Michael is cancer-free and that you have a successful conception. In case you are interested, though, as you plan your options, two agencies, including mine, have made it clear that there are more babies domestically being given up for adoption than there are parents right now due to the economy. My friend, who adopted her first from China 2 yrs. ago, finished her home study early in Dec. and will be there when her son will be born this Wednesday (induction).

Paula said...

I'll be praying for Michael to be cancer free too. You will know in your heart of hearts which way God will want you to go.