Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I don't know if I've ever participated in Thankful Thursday before. If I have, it's been a long time ago! But, when I saw the Thankful Thursday post over at Laced with Grace, I was inspired to focus on my blessings today. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the good things in life when living through a crisis.

So, here are a few things I'm thankful for today:
  • Summer vacation - what a blessing to be off work right now!
  • Cool, overcast mornings - great for my long walks.
  • Watermelon - it's my favorite snack right now, and it's only 1 WW point.
  • My mattress - after sleeping on a couple of uncomfortable beds in the last few weeks, it's so good to be back in my comfy bed.
  • Podcasts - I listen to a sermon each morning as I begin my walk. I'm learning so much!
  • Books - I've been reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, and I squeezed in Honolulu, by Alan Brennert. Reading makes me so happy!
What are you thankful for?