Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feeling Better

Several things got resolved today.

I won't take the other teacher's students for math, another colleague agreed to do that, but I will have them for social studies and science a couple times a week. That totally works for me. These same kids go with my class to music once a week, and they are really good eggs.

Sounds like the student loan people are in the process of fixing the problem with my account. The whole thing may be resolved this week. I'll know more tomorrow. It probably helped that I left a voice mail and sent an email threatening to involve a lawyer if I didn't hear back from them ASAP.

Our loan is very close to closing. We received the appraisal today, and our loan officer said it's moving ahead to the final steps of approval and funding. Just so long as we have the cash on hand before our first IVF payment, everything will be okay.

Our refrigerator was repaired today, and only set us back about $250. Still, I'd rather not have had to spend the money on that right now. I wish things would stop needing to be repaired around here. I won't even tempt fate by saying what I think will break next, but I won't be surprised when it happens...

So my stress level is decreasing.

But, it seems that my principal felt the need to check and be sure I'm teaching writing in class. She came in and inspected my bulletin boards today. I was really insulted. Why do administrators allow spiteful parents to put doubts in their heads about people who have worked for them for years and years? Baffles my mind.

Anyway...

Michael leaves for a short trip to London tomorrow. I'm really going to miss him. He's been home for at least two months, and I love that! He's such good company. I'm planning on filling up my free time though. I think I'll go to church tomorrow night (don't usually do that when Michael is home because I like to spend my evenings with him), lunches with friends on Saturday and Sunday, church again on Saturday night, more rose pruning (weather permitting), and catching up on some of my recorded tv shows. And before I know it, he'll be home on Monday!

9 comments:

Kate said...

Ahh Joannah, I am so glad your stress level is a bit lower. I hate how one person can lash out and cause such upheaval. I wish peace spread as fast as disruption.
It sounds like things are coming together well in all areas, I wish you the very best.

The Cape House said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the principal issue. I think administrators are incredibly stressed too about unhappy parents and the possibility of them reporting to THEIR superiors. I think I heard that that's the number one reason new teachers quit - they can't deal with the parents and the administrators are so intent on covering their own behinds that they offer no support. Anyway, I think you handled it well and I hope things continue to improve. :)

OH MY #6 said...

Of course you are feeling better. That is so you! Enjoy your Wednesday!

Lea
xo

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Administrators are there to appease the parents, not to support you. Call your union if you feel you are being unfairly treated. I have a TON more respect for my union than for any administrator in the school system.
I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Your principal sounds as though she doesn't have the stones to deal properly with whiny parents.

Swampgirl said...

Glad things are looking up! I've worked for many principals over my long career. The ones I appreciated the most always knew what was going on in my room because they were in the classrooms all the time. Not just when there was a problem. If they are "hands on" principals they can diffuse a situation most of the time and SUPPORT the teacher!

Kayce said...

So glad things are moving in the right direction! Enjoy your time with friends.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Nothing irritates me more than being micromanaged - but I also have a serious authority problem - ha! Sounds like things are calming down. And, um, rose pruning? Dreadfully unfair. 6 degrees here today.

Shannon said...

Wish we could meet up for lunch and a chat. Be good to yourself and try (ha!) to let all this junk go. =)

Paula said...

Yes, that would bug me too having the principal looking over my shoulder.
Glad things are going well with the loan and all.