Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tagged+

I haven't done one of these in a while, but Sara tagged me and I'm going to be a good sport and play along.

10 Years Ago, in November 1998, I:
Had just started teaching at my school that fall. That's all I can remember!

Five things on today's "To Do" List:
1. Get to school in time for the 7:30 staff meeting
2. Teach, teach, teach
3. Mail a package
4. Go to the bank
5. Watch the movie we rented the other night

Five things that I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Pay all our debts off
2. Purchase a larger home
3. Do any fertility treatment and/or start an adoption - we could afford it!
4. Have a weekly massage appointment
5. Have the cleaning lady come more than once a month

Five places I have lived:
1. Fountain Valley, CA
2. Long Beach, CA

As you can see, I haven't lived in five places. I have lived in a radius of about 15 miles my whole life. But I would love to live some place else. I dream of living in Hawaii, France, Tennessee, or Sonoma or Napa Valley.

Five jobs I have had:
1. Disneyland ride operator
2. Bank teller
3. Marketing coordinator
4. Teacher
5. Small (real small) business owner

On another note, my sweet husband brought me flowers last night. He never does that! He knew that I'd had a lousy day at school and he wanted to cheer me up. It's only the second time he's ever brought me flowers. I was really touched by his thoughtfulness. Sure, they came from the grocery store, but they made me happy. I'm pretty easy to please.

Traditionally, the first anniversary gift is supposed to be paper. So, I tried to keep with that theme when choosing a gift for Michael. All the musicians have their own business cards, and they hand them out when they meet new people. His business cards were really old and cheesy looking. Plus, they no longer had the correct contact information on them. So, I've ordered him some fancy business cards with high-gloss pictures of guitars on them. I hope he likes them. If not, at least he'll have them on hand until he designs something he prefers.

That's all the news from Lake Woebegone...

1 comment:

Kayce said...

Love your gift for Michael, what a fun gift for paper. Glad you got some flowers, your hubby is so wonderful.