Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After

Thank God it's over. While I'm not surprised by the outcome, I am somewhat disappointed - and no it's not a race thing. It's an ideology thing. However, I will pray for our president-elect. He will need much wisdom to deal with the challenges to come. I sincerely hope he will be incredibly successful and that we will enjoy peace and prosperity under his leadership.

On Monday my progesterone level was 17. Anything between 9 and 47 during the first trimester of pregnancy is acceptable. I remember having headaches the first time I was taking progesterone, this time I just seem to be irritable. My beta test is scheduled for next Wednesday, however I'm planning on taking a HPT on Sunday. Right now, I just don't feel pregnant. I wish I could say that I'm feeling something that makes me think I might be pregnant.

School has been trying this week. I have a student that has some "issues", and this student can ruin the vibe of the whole day for me and the other students. I try to be patient and compassionate, but I'm just so over it right now.

We leave for San Francisco on Saturday morning. We'll be up there for four days to celebrate our anniversary which is next Tuesday. I am so excited to get out of town and have some fun with my husband! Michael had to go and mention to his NorCal relatives that we'd be up there, and of course they invited us to join them for a family gathering on Sunday - they are so gracious and hospitable. I decided to be selfish and ask him to decline the invitation. I'm sorry, but I'd like to celebrate the first anniversary of our wedding without a crowd. It's such a short trip and I don't want to spend a day at a family gathering. Grump, grump, grump... It bugged me that I even had to tell him to tell them no.

I'm feel like I'm fighting off some sort of cold or sinus thing. I've been popping Zicam pills in hopes of preventing it from worsening. It would be a big bummer to be sick over the weekend!

9 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Yes, it's time for your country to unite and work together toward some common goals.

I hope, beyond anything, that this Sunday is the Sunday of your life. Happy Anniversary in advance! Have fun in SF!!

Jill said...

I was disappointed as well but I'm with you, now we need to focus on the future and pray for our leaders...it's all we can do.

I can't wait to hear the outcome of your beta!! I hope you're able to have a relaxing, romantic weekend with your husband. You deserve it. :)

((HUGS))

Sara said...

Hi Joannah,

I "tagged" you on my blog! So stop on over to see what the questions are. Hope you have an awesome weekend. I don't blame you at all about not wanting to visit family on your get-away...totally understandable.

Hoping that this month is "the month" for you, but if not then that it happens before too long. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be!

Sara

Shelley said...

Oh I really hope for your sake you're well and can enjoy your anniversary.

I'm thinking I would be saying the same thing about joining family on a long anniversary weekend. Funny how guys are game for anything, and don't think of the romance part. :)

S

Anonymous said...

I am with in praying for our new President Elect~

OH MY #6 said...

Nobody deserves some fun more than you and your hubby.

Lea
xo

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you get a nice (early) anniversary present on Sunday!

Obama seems sincere and he puts a nice face on America. To me, none of this election was about race but we can't dismiss the reality that history was made last Tuesday. I'm proud of that because I've always known America was ready to have someone other than a white male leading this country. If the right person came along, that is. I didn't think he was that person but I still think he'll do just fine because he's a smart guy and he'll have plenty of smart people around him to help him make the tough decisions he'll face in the next four years. And, frankly, I'm tired of apologizing for being white and privileged so I hope this is a turning point in the hearts and minds of everyone in this country.

At least he won't have the media nipping at his heels. Maybe I'll even start watch The Daily Show again (it used to be so funny!)

Again, Happy Anniversary!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

AprilMay said...

I'm with you, and I cracked up at your comment on my blog! I didn't think anyone would catch the double meaning...LOL!
And by the way? I never "felt" pregnant with any of my boys! Not until weeks after the positive!

kitchu said...

have a wonderful trip to SF and hope your anniversary celebration with just the 2 of your is fantastic!