Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Big Sigh of Relief

I'm okay.

Turns out that whatever they thought they were seeing earlier this week after my mammogram, was just "overlapping tissue". Whatever that means!

There were a few tense moments for me as the technician went back and forth to show the radiologist my images. And then they both came in, and for a split second I thought, "Uh, oh..."

But, then the radiologist said that it was just "overlapping tissue". Then she asked me how old I am, and I told her I am 41. She said, "Oh, you look like you're 28! Well, we'll see you next year, then."

I can't wait...

Thank you for all your concern and prayers.

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh Joannah! I'm so happy for you - overlapping tissue, hummm. But the results are good! I hope that help releive some of the tension in your neck, but enjoy the spa just the same.

Sara said...

Huge sigh of relief! And now you can walk around feeling oh-so-sexy knowing you have a breast with "overlapping tissue." Do they make a special bra for that? ;) Sorry, trying to make you laugh!! I am seriously very relieved for you, though I really had a feeling it would be ok. I am 4 years from starting mammos and I am going to insist on going to a place where they can take a second look right away if needed...just couldn't take the wait. You shouldn't have had to wait either, you poor thing, but you did and it's over and you can put this one thing behind you. Whew!

AprilMay said...

Praise God!!!

Anne Marie said...

That's exactly what mine was! Thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart.

I'm so thankful you're well.

Calico Sky said...

Oh Joannah, I'm so so so so happy you got the all clear! What an answer to prayer! Take some time if you can to soak it in, such an emotional roller coaster for you.

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

See, sometimes prayers do work! Happy to hear this news!

Kate said...

Thank you for the email with the good news, by belly was in knots.
I am so happy for you! PHEW!


xo
Kate

Kate said...

Breathing a huge sigh of relief here as well! Was so worried...

I just enjoyed (:-)) my first mamogram a few days ago...I didn't really want to do it and was putting off scheduling it...but reading your post convinced me I needed to go and do it...

Take care, friend!

Kate