Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a Night!

Well, I hope I haven't scared off my embryos from sticking around a while longer, because last night I had a little drama.

It all started around 7 o'clock when my parents were still here. We heard a loud beep coming from my home security panel which was displaying a message that the battery was low. So, we called the service and made an appointment for it to be replaced, and the customer service rep told me how to turn the annoying beep off. Problem solved!

Shortly after that, Mom and Dad packed up and went home for the evening.

Around 10 o'clock, the beeping starts up again, and I place another call to the service. This time I get a slightly different set of instructions as to how to turn the beeping off, and I'm told it shouldn't happen again for another 24 hours.

Back to bed then...

One hour later, the damn thing is back at it. Now I'm starting to stress out a bit. Make another call to the service, and am told that there is another way to disable the panel, but it requires ladders and tools, and I just know it's not a job for me - especially since I'm supposed to be in bed.

I call my husband, who was sound asleep, and he is absolutely of no help. Just lots of grunting. I begin to cry tears of frustration as I imagine a night of having to get up once an hour to turn the horrid beep off. I was pretty worked up at that point, but I decided to call my sister's husband and see if he will take pity on me and come over and deal with it for me. Through my tears, I explain my dilemma. He graciously agrees to come right over and handle it. Whew! So, why can't I quit crying? Must be the hormones...

Anyway, shortly after midnight the problem is solved and my sister and her husband head home. I crawl back into bed and try to relax (I can still feel the adrenaline rush) and get some rest, which finally overtakes me.

Of all the nights for that stupid thing to do that! Grr...


Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

So sorry girly..
Hope it stays off..
Hope today is calmer..

Alex and Jill said...

Ah man, I'm sorry you had a rough night, girl. I'm glad your B-I-L came over and helped a girl on bedrest out! :)

I hope you're able to get some rest today.


p.s. We just arrived home...I'll be updating the blog after lunch. :)

Kate said...

Oh I can relate to this story...stuff always goes wrong when Jim is away. Last year, two weeks after moving into our house, Jim was away and I burned some popcorn in the micro. That smoke alarm, connected to the burgalar alarm, was SO a siren going off in the house...with lights flashing...I was sure the entire neighborhood was up. I was calling Jim six states away...and wishing I had someone to call. Finally after about 15 minutes of ear splitting noise, I just started pushing buttons on the control panel and it stopped. It was crazy. And Lia slept through the whole thing which was such a maybe your little babies on board also slept peacefully unaware...

So glad you got it turned off without having to make a trip up a ladder!!!


OH MY #6 said...

Keep on resting. Hang in there.


Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

What an aweful night, I have been there where you are startled and then sleep seems so far out of reach. I am glad that finally it come and overtook you.

Hope you have a much better night tonight!

Alyson and Ford said...

Not good!! So sorry, I would be stressed too. Hope you are getting some rest and some sympathy!
Have a better week!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Lisa and Tate said...

WOW.. I just had a minute to read my bloglines! So now I am updated.

My thoughts and prayers with you and Michael as these developing little babies implant and grow! As you lay in bed, VISUALIZE life with you kids. This is going to happen for you guys!

Hugs and Prayers

Sara said...

Wow, that same thing happened to us a few weeks ago! I don't think it was the battery, but the system just totally went haywire. NOTHING would turn it off short of disconnecting the whole system. (Why do these things always happen in the middle of the night and not at 2 in the afternoon?) Thankfully, it didn't require a ladder and Jeff was home...but if he weren't, I would not have had a clue as to what to do. Sounds like you actually handled the situation really should be proud of yourself! Just think, the battery was low because your little embryos are pulling energy out of everything in your house as they grow grow GROW!

Homemaker Ang said...

i hope you took today off and rested!

sounds like a night and welcome to pregnancy sleep :) i am awoke every 2 hours for going potty. The alarm was maybe breaking you in :)