Thursday, March 5, 2009

Transfer Tomorrow

I got a call from one of the nurses this morning that my transfer is scheduled for tomorrow at 12:45. I guess it's time to get those little ones back in me. I still don't know how many there are left at this point, or how many we will transfer. I'll find out tomorrow.

Today started out well. I was feeling pretty good until lunchtime and then my stomach got really upset and I felt awful. I would have gone home early except that I had so much to do to get ready for my substitutes. As soon as I left school, I placed a call to the doctor's office and told them how poorly I've been feeling this week and that I suspect it's the doxycycline. The nurse was great. Told me to quit taking it immediately, and that she would call in a prescription for a Z-pack. She said it wouldn't upset my stomach. Whew! Can't wait to start feeling better.

The nurse's call this morning threw me for a loop. I had so much to do to leave my classroom ready for two subs. I hadn't planned on having anyone in tomorrow, but I was able to get one of my favorite subs on short notice. Next week was already booked with another sub, so that wasn't a problem. Then I had to extend the number of days Buffy will be spending at the kennel. Thankfully, they had room for her for an extra night. I'll drop her off tomorrow morning.

Just a few things left to do before bed rest begins! I'm looking forward to the time actually.

11 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I will be thinking of you, as always. Here's to some beautiful embryos and a smooth transfer!

Kate said...

This is so exciting...will be thinking of you tomorrow!!!

AprilMay said...

I can't believe the day is almost here! I am so excited for you! I am praying for strong, sticky little embryos!

~Kristen said...

Sending good thoughts out to the universe...

Kate said...

Great! I will be sending you all good thoughts tomorrow! Sorry to hear your belly was still upset today (sorry to hear it was the drugs too since that sucks extra-- I hope you feel better right away with the new prescription)-- I am sure the scramble to get ready was challenging, but so happy you'll have the transfer tomorrow and move to the next phase! Good luck Joannah- sending warm wishes to you.

Jill said...

I've been flushed ever since I started the doxycycline. On my cheeks, my arms...red and full of heat. So weird. Have you had this at all? It can definitely upset the stomach...I can't believe I didn't think of that! Glad she gave you something else to take.

Talk to you tomorrow!

((HUGS))

Stacey said...

I am so excited for you!! Hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow!! I'll be praying for you.

Stacey
LID 8-8-06 China

Kayce said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers ALL day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Love that z-pack! It's our drug of choice around here. :) Once a day, 5 days and done.
So, I have another question (of course!) How long will you be on bed-rest, and when will you be able to take a pregnancy test? (OK, 2 questions...) :)

Kate said...

Thinking of you- right this moment-- hoping all is going perfectly!
I'll check in later.
warmly,Kate

Sara said...

Ohhhhh, to think, you may be pregnant tomorrow (or close to it....I don't know the exact science). I am rooting for you so much!!! When you do get to test?