Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Devotion



The Will of God

The Will of God will never take you
Where the Grace of God cannot keep you
Where the Arms of God cannot support you
Where the Riches of God cannot support your needs
Where the Power of God cannot endow you.

The Will of God will never take you
Where the Spirit of God cannot work through you
Where the Wisdom of God cannot teach you
Where the Army of God cannot protect you
Where the Hands of God cannot mold you.

The Will of God will never take you
Where the Love of God cannot enfold you
Where the Mercies of God cannot sustain you
Where the Peace of God cannot calm your fears
Where the Authority of God cannot overrule you.

The Will of God will never take you
Where the Comfort of God cannot dry your tears
Where the Word of God cannot feed you
Where the Miracles of God cannot be done for you
Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.

-- author unknown --

My sweet sister shared this with me earlier this week. It's good to be reminded that wherever I find myself on this life's journey, God is right there.

7 comments:

Sara said...

So true, Joannah. I hope you're finding comfort in prayer and reflection today. I often rely on the Serenity prayer in times of trouble...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Simple words, but so meaningful and helpful...especially if you say them slowly and really think about each line. (Althugh the prayer is often used in 12-step programs, that is not how I came to know it.) May they be a small comfort to you today.

Sara

Faith said...

What a wonderful truth for all of us on this journey. Thanks for sharing.

Kayce said...

He is right there with you Joannah. You've been on my mind all weekend and in my prayers. If you need anything please let me know.

OH MY #6 said...

xoxo

You are top of mind for me right now and lots of prayers going your way.

Lea

Geneva said...

just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and praying for you.

Geneva

Abby's Mom said...

I'm sorry.

Sandra said...

I've been thinking of you Joannah and checked in on your blog today. I'm sorry you are hurting, fertility issues are rough, to say the least. Thank you though for continuing to be an inspiration and for sharing His messages. This poem was just what I needed to read today to uplift my spirits. Your blogging of God's steadfast love and good will has a positive effect in my life and I thank you for that. (((HUGS)))