Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF

Sigh...

It's a relief to know I don't have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning. This week went by fast and the kids were great, but I'm just happy to have two days at home. This weekend I hope the weather will cooperate so that I can begin pruning my roses and grooming my flower beds - they look terrible! It's time to put some sweat equity into our yard again.

Never heard from the appraisal company this week, so yesterday I called our contact at the credit union for the name and number, called the appraiser, and booked our appointment for Monday next week. We have got to get this loan completed before it's time to make our first payment for the IVF in a few weeks. Let's get this show on the road!

Still waiting for this cycle to end. I really thought my period  would have started by now. Don't tell me I might be pregnant. I'm not. I bet it will start this weekend. I guess I'm eager for it to start because I just want to have a clearer sense of when we can begin our IVF. I've been obsessing over the calendar and our IVF, and now I think that Michael will be on the road during transfer and bed rest. I'm trying to be okay with that. I'm sure my mom and my sister will help out with that if he's gone. So, why worry? I'll send Buffy to the doggy hotel so that she doesn't make me get up and down all day long, and everything will be fine. And it looks like bed rest might overlap with Spring Conferences. No problem. I'll just reschedule. My principal will be cool with that. I will not let these other circumstances work me into a tizzy. I intend to go with the flow. Nothing else is as important as our efforts to start a family.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'm eager to get our next cycle going as well. I received my packet in the mail, today. They should be ordering my meds in the near future...can't believe we're about to start up again!

My mom and sis always come to help out, the day after, because Alex always has to go back to work. As long as you have someone there to take care of you. :) Still praying your loan closes, soon!

((HUGS))

AprilMay said...

It's hard not to worry about those things, but just keep reminding yourself that your family comes first! :) You have a good plan in place!

Sara said...

Thinking about you and hoping you are doing ok. You are right, you can't think about the timing too much...you just need to forge ahead and do what you need to do. Getting pregnant, being pregnant, and having a new baby rarely come with "perfect" timing when people have absolutely nothing else going on...but it all works out just fine. I don't know you personally so this may sound weird, but as a woman and mother I am proud of you for your resolute effort to become a mom. When reading your posts, I feel like yours is a story for which I already know the ending -- a baby! -- but I am reading along to see how you get there. Hope you have a great weekend with your roses...oh how I wish I could garden now but we have a foot of frozen snow on the ground!

OH MY #6 said...

no tizzies at all. That should be your mantra!

Lea
xo

Maredsous said...

Hope your waiting ends soon. It is always unbearable when things are out of your control. Just hang in there and enjoy your roses.

Shelley said...

I swear, you are my most "together" friend. Just love you and your perspective. :) You're right, everything else is superfluous. Let me know how I can help.

xo,
Shell