Saturday, November 1, 2008

And Then it Was November!

I love that today is the first day of November! I only have to work thirteen days this month because next weekend is a long weekend due to Veterans Day, and I will have a week off at Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to the time off.

Last night we went down to Second Street for dinner. We dined al fresco (it was unseasonably warm) at our favorite Mediterranean restaurant and watch the trick-or-treaters (T-O-Ts) stroll by. Until we have our own little T-O-Ts I think we'll continue doing something along these lines. We felt like we were able to enjoy the festivities a little bit. I couldn't believe how many people were out with their dogs in costume. I don't think Buffy would ever go for that. We also realized that while our neighborhood has few T-O-Ts, just across the nearest major street that neighborhood is crawling with kids! I guess our neighborhood has fewer young families in it. I know that's true of our street.

So far, I'm feeling really good. I am experiencing some side effects from the progesterone though - tiredness and tender breasts. Monday is my blood test to check progesterone levels. I'm finding this two week wait to be much easier than my previous experiences. It's just not on my mind too much and I think that's a good thing.

This time next week, we'll be in San Francisco celebrating our first anniversary!

3 comments:

Kayce said...

I too am looking forward to a short month of school. Love all the time off this time of year!

wzgirl said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow - time flies, doesn't it? xo

Jill said...

Sounds like a lovely evening!

Diesel (our English Mastiff) is WAY TOO LARGE for any costume, bless his heart. They just don't make them big enough, otherwise, I think he would wear one. I always laugh at the dogs in costume though...they always look so miserable. If only they could talk.

I had the same side effects on the progesterone. Giving you a small taste of what this pregnancy is going to make you feel like! :)

((HUGS))