Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's Going On

Back to School Night was last night. It was probably the easiest BTSN I've ever experienced. My fabulous grade-level team has been doing BTSN together for the last couple of years in the multi-purpose room. We all spoke for a few minutes about various aspect of the third grade program, and that was it! Easy, breezy! No obnoxious interruptions or rude questions from deranged parents. I actually enjoyed the evening very much. That's the way it should be. Parents should save their personal questions regarding their little darlings for private conferences, not share their woes and complaints in front of all the other parents. Have they no shame? Sorry, guess I just ranted down Bad Memory Lane there a bit. I'm still getting over some of my experiences from last year. Bear with me...

Hubby is on his way to Tokyo. He says he's going to buy a new guitar when he gets there. I guess the Japanese make good quality and affordable guitars. He's excited about it. I'm just thinking where the heck are we going to put another guitar? Our second bedroom has a corner of the room devoted to about eight guitars in their cases, and I do believe there are more in the garage. How many guitars does one boy need?

This afternoon I got to see the proofs of our wedding album. It is going to be a gorgeous book! I am so happy with the results. I just need Michael to take a look at the proofs and tell me it's okay with him and then I'll give our photographer the go-ahead to have it printed and bound. If you'd like to see it, email me and I'll give you the website address and the password. Seeing it today just brought back all the wonderful memories of that day. It was truly a perfect day, and I am one very happily married woman. This is the life I always wanted.

P.S. I'll need your email address if you want to see the album. Some of you are able to leave comments without a return email address. So, I don't have you in my address book.

13 comments:

Michelle with a K said...

Oooh, oooh, oooh (raising hand and jumping in my seat like a squirmy 3rd grader)!!! I wanna see wedding photos!!!

I am so glad to hear how happy you are. You deserve it. :-)

...and yes, you do need to watch out for those bears on the 405. Tagging a grizzly in rush hour traffic is not the way to start your day!

Anonymous said...

I too want to see your photos. Glad you like them SO~

Have a blessed weekend,

Krista

OH MY #6 said...

I would just LOVE to see your photos!

Lea
xo

Paula said...

Yes, me too. I would love to see the wedding photos. Glad the Back to school night went well.

Joannah said...

Krista & Lea, I don't have your email addresses. Please email me at mrslabrador at verizon dot net.

Thanks!

Jill said...

I wanna see, I wanna see! :)

I think you have my email already...let me know if not.

Jill said...

Joannah,

Your wedding pics are awesome!

You and your husband are such a beautiful couple! I really like the b&w one where he's dipping you. :)

Thanks so much for letting me view them.

Jenna said...

That is great that you were able to enjoy BTSN. I have always wondered what teachers thought about it.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I would love to see them!
Sorry I've been absent---I pretty much cut all blog reading out of my life so I could focus on my family but I'm continually praying for you.

Michelle said...

Are these the same photos that were up on the website last year. Oh heck, who cares. I would love to see them again! We have the same problems with the guitars. I think we have 7. or 8. I lost count. When we cleaned out the nursery we had to find somewhere else to put them. SO now they are hanging in our(very small) hallway, on special wooden hooks. We live in a very small space and we really had no other choice(unless we out them in storage-which I sugested-and was told emphatically "NO!"). At least you husband uses his for his job. For mine it's just a hobby!

Swampgirl said...

I've got to see the pictures, Please!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the album!

Oh I hope M enjoyed Tokyo! How neat!!

So glad parent's evening went well. I teach 20 yr old plus and am grateful that usually it means no parents ;)

Alyson and Ford said...

Love to see the wedding photos - we were so happy for you!!

Alyson
acfm85@comcast.net
Celebrating 19 days as Mommy to Alyzabeth!!