Saturday, September 20, 2008

Feels Like Fall

There's a little something in the air around here today that reminds me of fall. The ocean breeze is just a little cooler than it's been in a few months, I guess. I like it! I'm excited about the coming of the new season - comfort foods, cooler evenings, apple and pumpkin pies, Halloween, Thanksgiving, our FIRST anniversary! So much to look forward to.

I am feeling much better. I was able to get out today and go to my dental appointment, run a few errands, and have some hair zapped by the laser. Believe me, the dental appointment was much more enjoyable than the laser hair removal. Being a brunette is a lot of work, let me tell you! Anyway, back to my health. I'm feeling almost like myself again. I'm not really that sore, and my UTI and heartburn hit the road. Thank goodness. I'm still tiring early in the evening, though. I'll see my doctor on Tuesday and see what he has to say about my recovery and where we go from here.

The days I spent in my classroom this week were just great. I'm really enjoying my students. All the concerns I had at first have vanished because they are just such a sweet group of kids. I'm also realizing how hard I was working as an upper-grade teacher - more students, longer instructional day. My goodness! The difference is remarkable! I almost feel guilty for having that extra hour at the end of the day to work in my room. But really, it's just what I needed. It's a welcome change, and I feel really blessed that the opportunity came about at this point in my career and life.

Michael is leaving in just a few hours to travel from Manila to Singapore. He'll actually have to work once he gets there - his Manila vacation is over! While he was there, he was able to get a haircut and a massage super cheap. That's the thing about traveling in a lot of Asia - it's very affordable. I encouraged him to get the haircut because I told him they'd know just what to do with his thick Asian hair. When I saw him after his haircut on Skype, I knew I was right. I think his hairdresser at home tends to cut it so short that he ends up looking like a CHP officer for the first couple weeks. LOL!

Life is good...

8 comments:

Jill said...

You're better...yay!!

I want to know about the laser removal!! I have been so tempted (being a brunette myself) to have this done.

I'm excited about fall as well...maybe while Michael is away, you will have time to pull out that decor. :)

Sent you my email.

Have a good weekend!

Paula said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. You're right it is a lot of maintenance to be a dark haired woman :)
Glad your class is good this year. What a relief it must be. Its not good to go through life stressed out. Glad you made the switch!
When Michael gets back make sure to post a pic with the new haircut.

Jill said...

Okay, email didn't go through, so here it is. jillaveritt(at)yahoo.com

Michelle said...

I love Fall too. You probably won't be feeling 100% for a week or so more. It's good that you are feeling better though, and able to go to work with minimal discomfort. I can feel the cooler air down my way too, and I'm lovin' it!

Kayce said...

We too are loving the change in the weather up here and are also looking forward to the crockpot dinners!

What are you guys planning for your first year celebration? I can't believe it's been a year!

Michelle with a K said...

Wait, weather changes??!!! Oh yeah, I forgot. It's still 100 here every day, just like it has been since April. Can't wait to come get a dose of those CA breezes in a couple weeks!

SO glad to hear you're feeling better. I was worried. Keeping fingers crossed for a good report at the follow-up visit.

I'm cracking up about your husband's hairdressing issues. My hubby has the same problem with his Indian hair. I used to tell him to go see a Vietnamese or Korean hairdresser or barber in OC because they'd know what to do.

Hope to cross paths with you on my visit. I'm planning on popping in to the school on Monday the 6th to say hi. I'll shoot for the end of the day, now that you're enjoying the prep time :-)

C's Mom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Autumn. It is, by far, my fave for all the reasons you mentioned (except the first anny - congrats ;0).

So glad you are perking back up.

Shannon said...

...and it's gonna keep getting better! =)