Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day at the Races


Yesterday, Michael and I went with my mom, my grandmother, his mom, and his auntie to the races down at Del Mar. It was a special day because my mother-in-law's horse, Nasty Gent, was racing in the last race of the day. We were hopeful that yesterday would be his first win, but he came in third instead - which is very good. My in-laws have been breeding and racing horses for years, but they say this will be their last horse. So, we're hopeful he'll be a winner before his racing career is over. He'll be racing at Santa Anita this fall, and I hope we'll be able to see him race again up there - and win!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mum's side races horses as well! Beautiful picture!

Shannon said...

Great name!

OH MY #6 said...

How fun! Nasty Gent, I LOVE IT!

Lea
xo

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely, fun day...and how exciting that you "knew" one of the horses!! :-)

Anonymous said...

That had to be fun to actually cheer 'your families' horse on!!

have a good weekend my friend. A day closer to Sept 3!