Friday, June 13, 2008

Jumping for Joy!

Today was the last day of school. I've been a free woman since 12:20 today. Although the weirdness continued up until the last moment (I've told you how odd this group was), I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and I'm giddy about the idea of being off work for the next 10 and a half weeks! Yippee!

I've spent the afternoon doing a little shopping for our trip, and while I was out I stopped for lunch at Quizno's - I'm hooked on their Tuscan Turkey sandwich. Now I'm home with my feet up on the sofa. The birds are chirping, and there's a gentle breeze blowing. It's the perfect afternoon.

I've got a week to prepare for our trip to Hawaii as we leave a week from Sunday. My husband's brother will be house-sitting for us and caring for our dog as Buffy has worn out her welcome at my parents' house - she peed on the dining room carpet while we were staying there. Ugh! Hopefully, Charlie will enjoy his time here with her. She's really very good - especially when she's sleeping! ;-)

Sigh...

Good times ahead!

9 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

wonderful! Not sure where you go, but today I have my Maui T-shirt on!

Who knew?!

have a nice weekend.

Lea
xo

Michelle with a K said...

Yippee!!! Summer vacation is the BEST! Enjoy your time off and your trip to Hawaii :-)

M3 said...

Yessssssss! Summer vacation is the best. Congratulations and whoop it up in Hawaii (please have some ahi for me).

Kayce said...

YEAH!!! I've been trying to send you good vibes to get you through the last few days of school. Now the key is to NOT think of school until the day before you have to be back.

Don't forget Boots and Kimos for breakfast one morning. ;)

Paulette said...

I can feel your happyness. It does feel good to be done doesn't it. Have fun packing. Can't wait to see you on the beach with your toes in the sand.

Shannon said...

I know! I know! It's finally Summer Vacay! PHEW! What a year it's been. Enjoy your trip immensely-you deserve every gorgeous second of it!

Shelley said...

Congrats on being a free woman!

;)

2weeks2much said...

Lucky you...off for 10 weeks! I wish. You must be so excited for Hawaii!!!

Paula said...

Yea, its been a hard year and now you can relax and enjoy your freedom.