Sunday, September 23, 2007

Seven Weeks to Go!

Just forty-nine days until we say our vows.

I've spent the morning looking for cake toppers. It's been a fruitless search. Cake toppers seem to fall into two categories: handcrafted and very expensive (like the darling ones above), or tacky and cheap. Since I can't find something cute and affordable, we're not going to have a cake topper at all. That's the way I am. I'd rather go without, than have something that doesn't suit my taste. Our cake will be very pretty without the topper, though. It is going to be all white, with a swirl and dot design and buttercream flowers. Simple and classic.

7 comments:

Kayce said...

YUM!! I love buttercream! Just a thought on the cake topper...what about a picture of you and Michael in a BEAUTIFUL frame that complements your wedding decor. Just a thought.

D said...

Maybe I should go in the cake topper making business. Those birds are great...sorry they were too expensive. You'll be fine, though...it sounds like your wedding will be tasteful with or without a plastic bride and groom on the top of your cake!

Shelley said...

mmmmmm - Save a piece for me.

I'm with you on the cake topper. They do so many neat things with cake decor nowadays that some of them look better without the darn thing.

Special K said...

Hey Joannah.. I finally made it over to your new blog. Exciting times for you.

PS. I hated the cake topper too. So we did some pretty flowers that matched my bouquet on top of the cake.

Krista

Kristin said...

We didn't have a cake topper... just loads of fresh flowers.

Wedding cake tasting was one of my favorite "tasks"!

Tamara said...

Your cake sounds very elegant. I just had flowers on the top of my cake, cause I didn't like the choices either.

Shannon said...

Buttercream frosting wedding cake is the yummiest! Simple and classic is so the way to go. You two are the focus!