Friday, August 31, 2007

Two Down, Another 178 to Go

School days, that is! My students came back to school yesterday, and I must say it was a good start for all of us. I was surprised that everybody made it back on the first day of school, as this is the first year we've started school before Labor Day. I was concerned that some families would still be out of town on vacation, but that didn't turn out to be the case at all. The reason we started early was so that we could have the entire week at Thanksgiving off. I didn't like cutting my summer short even three days, but I'm sure I will appreciate the time off come November.

Some of you asked me what a Smart Board was after one of my recent posts. It looks like this:

It's touch-sensitive, so it's interactive. I experimented with it today and used it during the math lesson. The kids thought it was very cool - it is. I had fun with it. However, I need some training so that I can really put it to good use. I keep hearing about all the neat things it can be used for, and I want to know how to do all that.

I'm grateful for the three-day weekend to recuperate from this busy, busy week. Michael is on the road doing the music thing. So, in addition to doing the single-girl thing (laundry, housekeeping, errands, and reading), I plan to address and assemble the wedding invitations with my mom and my sister. Although the wedding is still ten weeks off (only ten weeks!), it's time to get those invitations mailed so that people can make their travel arrangements well ahead of time because the wedding is over another upcoming holiday weekend - Veteran's Day.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

9 comments:

wzgirl said...

OMGosh - 10 weeks? Girl, that is so going to fly. I know that you'll make the most of every bit of time that you have being the most excellent teacher that you are - so organized - but....WOW!! In just a few months, Joannah, you will be married.

You'll be a Mrs.

How cool is that?

XO

Unknown said...

Welcome back to school! I am so grateful, too, for the three day weekend after the first week of school. Last night I passed out cold!
HOw fun to assemble the invitations! I can't wait to do this with my sister. This summer we did her Save the Date cards. I am so excited for you! Enjoy and relax this weekend!

C's Mom said...

Enjoy your weekend! Only 178 days to go for summer vacation ;0)


Lovin' the smart board.

Shelley said...

Boy, that is not far off!

Enjoy your down time Joannah.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Now that I see it, that is what they have at Jxn's school and believe me, if his teacher last year could use it, you can use it! LOL
I would LOVE to have a week off at Thanksgiving! Although, I'm actually glad we get out at the end of May. Hmmm, maybe it would be better to have a week at Thanksgiving? Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Hope you can relax a little during this long weekend!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks

Anonymous said...

Hi Joannah. You will Love
Your Smart Board! I have one in my class, and it is
really cool!

Gill

Shelley said...

You invited her! :) It was in offer she couldn't refuse.

Calico Sky said...

Happy back to school!!!
Smart Boards have been the rage in the UK education system since 2002 or 2003, I wondered when they'd make their way over to the US and Canada!
Have a great school year!!!!